Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

After CCleaner, Firefox still remembers usernames for Hotmail, Yahoo mail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
After I run CCleaner, then open Firefox, go to Hotmail or Yahoo mail. The User Name box still has drop-down choices from previous logins. Where is this info being stored and how to flush it out if CCleaner doesn't do it? Same thing for Comcast.net email login.

Yeah, I tried searching for an answer and this seems simplistic but my searches haven't been fruitful.

I don't know where exactly it's stored, or even if it's something you can clear outside of the Firefox application, but if you open Firefox and go to History, Clear Recent History..., and open the Details section, you can customize what you want to clear and for what period

By default it doesn't remove any of that, you have to go to the settings for each application, and select to remove passwords,and cache, and such. If that is being done, along with a dns flush for windows I have no idea where it is being stored.

Yes, how simple when you look at the other TAB in CCleaner - applications.
The setting was "Saved Form Information" under Firefox.

Not sure why that didn't occur to me or if CCleaner USED to wipe that by default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back