Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AES Server Licensing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBC67

Technical User
Jul 14, 2009
CA
I am in RFA trying to obtain my first AES server license. I believe it requires a host ID (the NIC MAC #). Do I have to put this in to get my file or must I run WebLM first to get my host ID to input into the RFA system?

AES servers are licensed through ART not RFA

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

run "WebLM", and it will show you multiple "HostIDs", use the MAC address that shows up multiple times, this is the most reliable one.

AvayaTier3, RFA is still used to license AES, the Product Family is listed as "Application Enablement (CTI)" when choosing which one choose under "Product Family Selection"

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Thanks Mitch,

When I was with Avaya we used ART for SES, AES, CCS, EMMC servers. I used RFA for CM which I no longer have access to.

Do BP use strictly RFA for all or do you use ART for any of the platforms above?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

RFA only, and they are about to dump that and go with another product "PLM" (Product Licensing Manager) or somesuch... just when I finally have mastered RFA after all of these years :(

They are going to let CUSTOMERS generate there own licenses.
won't that be fun.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Thanks for the input... Yes, things have changed a lot...

Regards,

RM

Avaya Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back