Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AES Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

thankgodfortektips

Programmer
Dec 20, 2005
KY
Hey Guys,

Let me start by saying I have an apps that is wrote in classic asp and with a SQL 2005 back end. I have found this ( that shows how to encrypt data on the asp side and then the encrypted value is then stored in the DB.

I have a few questions for you though. Is this the best way to encrypt? Would it be better to use SQL Column encryption (if so does anyone know how to do this?)???

I was trying to follow this ( but I don't know asp.net so got lost at the point that they made the .net page and couldn't figure out how to do the same in ASP. I think I would prefer this method as I would then be able to query the db and decrypt at the time of the query, which I would not be able to do in the above ASP encryption example.

Any help/advice/pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Zip file with a vbscript class for SHA256 encryption

Has one public function of SHA256(sMessage) which returns the hash value for the passed value.

Just include it in your scripts and define the class with:

dim Encode : set Encode = new clEncode

and call the function with

hashvalue = sha256("String to hash")

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back