Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AES and ESS 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitramTELEBOY

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2005
US
Hi,
I have an 8500 sitting around with my 8710s, which is not plugged in or active at all.
I assume the 8500 was to be used as either AES or ESS. Is it possible to use the 8500 for a DR/Backup and what would be the failover process if server A & B fail.

Don't you hate it when you have spare 8500's laying around?

I have two S8500's and I'm using one as AES and one as ESS. In the switch there is a command: change sys ess, it's where you administer your ESS server features.

There is an ESS user guide you can download from Avaya:

If both server A and B or your Network or your path to your remote sites fails the ESS can kick in after a certain length of time. The process is automatic once it's setup so it will take over on it's own.

I had help with my install from a business partner. Somehow you will need to figure out how to copy your translations from your S8700 to the ESS and setup a duplication so it will always receive the latest translations and stay up to date. This info may be in the user manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back