Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adware problems, quick question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrboj8ngles

Technical User
Jun 28, 2004
US
I have removed installed and then removed several adware-killer programs. I did not remove the quarentined items though - can these files still be malicious to my system?

Not really, you might find that other adware/spyware removal software might pick them up as potential problems. However they would have to be manually reintegrated to your system to cause a problem.

Or some new virus/worm/trojan/adware/spyware developed that looks for these backups and then reintegrates them.

As long as your system is running ok you should be ok to delete them though.

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

Guys try the SpyBot Search and Destroy AdWare remover. it cleans up all the mess of the spywares. just make sure you update it to get the latest solutions for your pc. Try surfing with the MYIE2 internet explorer. It comes with a pop up blocker and spyware remover. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back