Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advise on Weblogic new developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

toyt78

Technical User
Apr 5, 2005
US
Please advise what areas of Java I should learn to be able to develop on Weblogic. I am currently reading "Head First Java" and will next get "Head First Servlets" book. Advise what areas I should concentrate on?

Also I am practicing currently on Tomcat. Advise if I am in the right direction?

You'll want to download BEA WebLogic if you want to develop on WebLogic. WebLogic is an application server just like Tomcat is an applcation server.

When you download BEA WebLogic you will get an opportunity to download WebLogic Workshop. This is a great GUI for developing simple WebLogic applications. It comes with a Tutorial mode that will walk you through developing some Web apps, but I'd also recommend purchasing the book "BEA WebLogic Workshop 8.1" from SAM publishing.

Otherwise "Head First Java" is a good start and I'd also recomment "Head First J2EE" as well.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back