Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice to upgrade IPO SE 9.0 to 9.1 with ContactStore in one disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOCraft

Technical User
Apr 9, 2014
PE
Hi there:

I need a good plan to upgrade a system Dell R230 with IPO 9.0 and ContactStore, all in one disk (yes, I know this is an awfull installation, but this is what I find).

QUESTION 1:
The first thing I need to do is to install a second 500Gb HD to copy the record data (for Media Manager), but I read that I need to upgrade to 9.1 prior to not initialize the server. But I prefer to go directly from 9.0 to 11.0

QUESTION 2:
Other think is about licencing. I have the LACs to activate, but I read that the Host ID will change (in the IPO SE will be a WebLM Server? like the CallCenter solution?). The preferred methos is to activate the licences with <Actual PLDS HostID> + 03 ?

QUESTION 3:
I will put an keyboard and monitor to the server to ugrade via DVD and the Expantion Servers with Web Manager. Do you think is the best way to do this?

Thanks guys!!!

1) For SE you HAVE to upgrade as the documentation show. Release 11 requires 9.1 or greater to upgrade. As such you need to get to 9.1 or 10 first, then you can complete the upgrade to 11. Failing to do this will result in a failed upgrade.

2) With server edition the Host ID is tied to the physical hardware you are running - the Host ID is the MAC Address of your first network adapter. This shouldn't change! If it does you probably have bigger issues. In a virtual environment the Host ID is generated, but your third question implies that you have a physical server.

3) DVD is one way to do it, although I would always recommend Web Manager. While Web Manager is running the upgrade you can monitor it if you get nervous by logging in to the server as root and entering this command:
Code:
tail -f /var/log/yum.log
The Web Manager upgrade looks to stall for a long time while the YUM installer is working, but trust me when I say it's still chugging along!

Since you have to do two upgrades you will need the instructions for both.
9.1: 11.0:

I install the additional HDD in the server, and via Web Manager I put the mounting point. I'm copying the /CSIPORec to the /additional-hdd#1/partition1 (this in taking a looooong time...).

I guess that I need to change the path of the recorded files in Contact Recorder and test the search and replay with the data in the new path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back