Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on Stress Test Planning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbarker

Programmer
Dec 20, 2001
GB
I would appreciate any suggestions of (free!) references or resource on creating formal test plans and planning stress testing in a multi-user environment.
Am developing a new project much larger than projects I had previously worked on.
My previous experiences have been on applications with maybe up to 5 end-users in one site.
My current project is for up to 25 users over 2 sites using MSDE, which I have little experience in.
My test plan will require consdierable input from my customer with regards to upgrading some of their current software, creating test data and participation in stress testing so I am keen to document my requirements from them in addition to formal documentation of agreed benchmarks.
Many thanks in advance.

Tools in the "SQL Server Resource Kit" may be just the ticket. It is not Free but pretty inexpensive. Good book to have none-the-less.

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back