Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on re-purposing an Option 11c

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
I've recently acquired an Option 11 system from a site that got a new PBX. I want to install it at home, but need some advice on clearing out the existing data and starting as fresh as possible. The system comes with almost everything.....except the PCMCIA card with the X11 install media on it and the Meridian Mail tape and tape drive. So, re-installing the software and starting fresh won't be an option. I can probably get the software for Mail, but have no idea where to get the X11 software.

Is my best bet to just go through each LD and out as much as I can?

I've also never worked with PRI on an Option 11. I'll be using either a Quintum Tenor or Asterisk based SIP to PRI gateway. Can anyone give me the 2 cent tour on setting up a new PRI?

Thank you!

Hello Andy

You might just be best to delete the extension data and add in what you want. There are a number of good Meridian web sites to obtain documentation from.

Mikes cook books and ghtrout.net is another.

You should be OK on getting the software, but we need to know what the existing version is and if you have the keycodes for it.

You will require an old CF card with a PCMCIA adapter and SanDisk are the ones to go for but no larger than 128 megs. eBay is a good place to get hold of them.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Luckily, I do have the key codes for both the option 11 and the MM. The PBX is on 25.08 and the Meridian Mail is 12.14.

That's good to hear. Getting the software for V25.08 shouldn't be a problem. You might need to see if you can get a aSCSI tape drive and tapes to do a backup. I recall that a Mail 12 backup for Option 11c systems usually just needed the one 250 meg tape.

The 25.08 software came in different regions, so you would need the correct one. I think I still have copies if you get stuck.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Not having any luck at all finding a copy of any X11 software. Don't suppose you have a copy of 25.08 for the US do you? We have an Avaya account at my office, but it would take an act of god to get my boss's boss to download this for me....assuming it's even still available on the support site. I only saw succession releases.

Although deleting all of the MM mailboxes and menus should be easy, I also want to make sure that should I need to replace the hard drive, I have the tape and tape drive to re-install. I looked at Mike's PBX cookbook for the recommended tape drives, and can't find any of the recommended models, even on eBay. Do you have any suggestions as to which tape drive I should purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back