Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on quoting a price for print design

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentara

Programmer
Apr 13, 2005
US
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, so please bear with me... I was wondering if anybody knows or can point me to resources that will help me determine what kind of price to quote a potential client regarding a print design project? The document will include a cover, spine, and about 30-40 pages of basic text/graphics. Eventually the document will be printed and distributed to up to 40,000 people. What is standard - hourly or flat rates? How much? This is a first for me, as I just started a business.

Check around to see what others in your area charge for such a project.

The answer has always been 42

Print Design? Are you writing an RFP for these people or are you writing a network standard for them? Just curious, mostly.
I would look to give them a quote based on your estimated hours and let them know you will document hours spent (Like a Lawyer). If the job requires alot of research and goes beyond the hours estimated you can present them with a second bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back