Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on GSM gateway

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaLLiSToi

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2007
ES
I'm looking for advice on a GSM gateway for use with an IP 500. The unit has a digital trunk (BRI ETSI) avaliable.
At the moment 2N's BRI Lite GSM Gateway is a candidate. Anyone has any (bad/good) experience with this specific device or brand?. Any other recommendation (brand/model)?.

Thanks in advance.

The ITS Telecom units work perfectly with the Avaya and cheaper then the 2N

Jason Wienert
Brisbane, Australia
GoldMine, Avaya, ACCPAC CRM

Please remember to thank preople for their valuable input.

In the Netherlands we have a compagny named MCS who deliver good GSM Gateways. Also in combination with IP Office. I myself have installed several sites.See also

Hi striep

i am also from holland and did place about 4 of the AS5411/4
it is a good product and works great
just connect them to a bri card and do the right settings
i realy recomment them

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

We use the ITS units as well. They're great - never had a problem with the BRI units. The PSTN unit took a bit of tweaking on the Analogue line settings to make the IP500 detect the incoming calls.

That is why we only use the BRI units now. We had so many problems with Analogue units (however we haven't used the ITS ones) that we only use the BRI units. Nothing like a digital link between devices using a extremely mature protocol like ETSI-ISDN :eek:)

Jason Wienert
Brisbane, Australia
GoldMine, Avaya, ACCPAC CRM

Please remember to thank preople for their valuable input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back