Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on customizable POS software

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsitz

Programmer
Dec 14, 2000
US
I've got a client who needs a Point of Sale system. I'm thinking it's probably more cost effective to buy a customizable POS package than to develop something from scratch.

So far the only Access-based customizable POS software I've been able to find is "Positively Business". Does anyone have comments on that software, or suggestions for other customizable POS software I might use?

Thanks,

Herbert Sitz

Point of Sale" software is basically any sort of database integrated with a cash register/cashier/check out system. Thus the moniker, "Point of Sale". Typically they will also integrate bar-code reading to quickly allow for entering purchaser's items into database, then generate invoice, etc.

Think of system that they use at your little local video store, doctor's office, small retail stores, etc. There are vertical market apps targeted at tiny niches. There are also customizable Point of Sale apps that developers can use to tailor to their specific client's need. That's what I'm looking for.

-- Herb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back