Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on Controlled routing of calls 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelFH

Technical User
Dec 22, 2004
GB
I am in the process of planning a Systems Helpdesk for our Staff to call into.

Each of our team has their own MDECT phone which will be part of a Round Robin Hunt Group. Team members WILL opt out of the group when they leave the building and opt back in again when they return.

I intend having a Symposium controlled ACD group of three phonesets in our office, the main helpdesk phoneset will be "manned" during peak times, with the other two available during a system problem. When nobody is logged into the ACD group, or if the number of queued calls exceeds a threshold, I propose routing the calls with control to the hunt group DN.

If I understand the manual correctly, if the routing is controlled, the call remains under Symposium control if there is an error - an engaged tone for example, and will therefore continue to be queued. As I will not be changing the priority of calls in the queue, I propose announcing the callers queue position. If a call is routed to the hunt group, and the hunt group is engaged, will the call that is returned still have the same queue position?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

I can't answer your question, but why not queue the call also to the hunt group if nobody is logged in or if the number of queued calls exeeds the treshold. This way the call will stay in queue on the main helpdesk also.

Hi Carolien,

Good idea, but the hunt group is analogue, as are the DECT phones attached to it. I know that you can have analogue ACD phones, but as I understand it, Symposium only works with Digital equipment.

Unless I'm missing something that's not true (operating only with digital equip). We have a mixture of analog and digital ports. Symposium acquires by TN and routes by CDN/DN so I think it doesn't really care what is connected to that TN.

OK rfwhite, I like what you are saying. The calls an agent is presented with depend on the skillset(s) assigned to their ID. How does one log in on an analogue phoneset?

We actually do it via a Meridian Link data stream command but from a 500/2500 telephone set you dial SPRE code + 97 and the 4 digit agent ID. When you go on-hook you are entered into the queue for your skillset.

Rfwhite

This is good news. We don't use SPRE codes, preferring FFC, but having done some digging around elsewhere on this site, found out where the code is listed. I will have to discuss my intentions with our Telephony Management Team at Head Office, but hope to at least test having our MDECT phones on the ACD group under symposium control.

Thanks for your advice. I may be back for more...

Regards

Michael

I think I may still have a problem setting this up. MDECT phonesets use Phantom TNs with a type of DCS. I have a vague recollection that Phantom TNs cannot be configured as ACD phones. I will have a look through the Meridian Forum on this site to see if I can unearth anything. I will post my findings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back