Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on Anti Spam Software 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2002
GB
Hi

Just a quick one.

What Anti Spam you people using, and what do you recommend?

I am unsure if to use the Anti Virus & Anti Spam package that our ISP offers (all filtered at the ISP).

Thanks

I use an Astaro Security Linux Firewall and the spam filter that is in built with it. It works very well check it out you can get free trial downloads.

At the mail client level, I've been trying the SpamBayes addin (
This is free, open-source, and particularly easy to install and use if you use Outlook 2000 or later. This filter requires "training" to teach it which messages are spam and which are not, but it's incredible effective, and gets more effective with each email you recieve.

Thanks guys, I have Linux Servers, but I was hoping to run the software on the exchange server, I dont need it to interact with exchange, just check the mail before it gets there, I will also have a look at Spamnayes, cuz I am really keen on free, but I was hoping to block the mail centrally...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back