Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice on 10kva APC or 11kva MGE - both 8000 watts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielUK

IS-IT--Management
Jul 22, 2003
GB
Hi,

Having gone through the APC and MGE UPS selectors, I get APC recommending their 10kva Smart UPS RT (rated to handle 8000 watts) and MGE recommending their 11kva Comet Extreme, again rated at 8000 watts.

In my simplistic mind I thought I was getting more bang for buck from the MGE being an extra 1kva up on the APC and being able to get it for the same price. However, they are both rated at 8000 watts so is there any real difference between the two and can anyone recommend either? [ponder]

Thanks

Dan

It's all about power factor. You will probably find that the guys from APC have rated their UPS at 0.8PF and the MG boys at about 0.7-0.8, there won't be any difference in reality. Comet Extremes are right buggers to work with, never seen a Smart in that size though so can't comment on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.