Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice needed: program to add comments on top of picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

topcat01

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
GB
Hi I am looking for suggestions for a program that I need to write....
I have to write a program to load a map of a local neighbourhood (jpg picture). A user can then right click anywhere on the picture and add a comment (which appears as a label). The comment and comment position of the user input is saved automatically so next time the picture is loaded the comments are placed in the correct location for that picture.
The dimensions of the picture can vary. The screen resolution on the computer can vary and the window which displays the picture can be resized.
So... my question is how would you approach this?

I will be using D7 Pro or XE2. My initial thought was to store the individual settings per picture in sep. ini files to keep it simple as it will run on a local machine...thats as far as I have got. Thanks for any help!

An XML file would be a better choice since you could have multiple labels on a picture. You could store the label information right in the XML file (top, left, height, width, caption, colors, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back