Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice needed on prospective POS system:Micros 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.

azian112

Technical User
May 17, 2003
US
Has anyone used the Micros 3700 ( i think that what it was) POS table service ? The salesman demonstration didn't really give much to my imagination and he wouldn't allow me to actually test it out myself after he was done telling everything the POS had to offer. There were some features that I like and some that made no sense, but overall compared to our current ALOHA POS, it seemed alot better since it can be customized to our liking.

Anyways, anyone have any reviews on Micros 3700 POS? I wanna know everything that I can about the system (Pro and Cons) before I can compare it to ALOHA and make a decision.

Again, thanks alot guys.

Thank You.

POS is POS...

They all have the most of the same bells and whistles. Ask each one about support. Response times, 800 number support, local support, do they servive their own gear, do they 3rd party it out. MICROS is a a very stable company, compared to Aloha. Aloha will promise the world during the sales process...but will never deliver the goods.

Micros and Aloha - Hmmm I wouldn't buy either of them.
Before choosing between Micros and Aloha give a shoot to somebody fresh. You never know, you could be surprised.

Before buying any POS, make sure "PABP Certified Compliant" is part of your criteria. It would be a waist of your money and time to buy one today that is not just to get an upgrade notice after you're up and running.

With some systems, yhe upgrade path is simple and painless. With others, the upgrade process could be as much a time burner (ignoring fees and/or labor costs) as the initial installation. If you check this off before you buy, then you don't have to worry...

Steve Sommers
Shift4 Corporation --
Creators of $$$ ON THE NET(tm) payment processing services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back