Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice Needed for parts purchase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pannjack

Technical User
Apr 8, 2005
US
Im a new tech starting out with the bare essentials. Can anyone suggest an online source for parts that i can resell at a profit. All the ones i find really have no markup left
Thanks In advance

Or you could get a wholesale license and buy in bulk from a distributor. But, really, parts is not where the small tech makes his money.

that is true what Franklin says. unless your ready to buy large volumes of stock then your not really going to get much profit. you make your money from fitting the actual part.

Web Hosting & Telecommunications

pannjack,
The only parts that I keep on hand are for test purposes only.Keeping an inventory is expensive and risky unless you have a means of flipping them quickly. ie: You own a high volume repair shop, have a booth at computer shows..etc...

I buy for each job. My supplier (a local pc store/shop) gives me a 10% discount, which I pass on to my customers.

I realize that I could easily pocket the discount but it is important to me that I keep my customers costs down. I don't buy junk parts either.

I am service oriented and for me parts are just another cost of doing business.

i certainly agree about the passing on the discount i should have explained my thoughts more im wanting to experiment with building pc's and the parts are more so i break even on the cost or at least close to as i practice some ideas i have. thanks to everyone for the thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back