Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice/clarification re: Crystal Reports 9 Report Viewers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cummina

Programmer
Feb 25, 2005
US
I'm feeling really stupid.

This is what I have: Great Plains with a SQL database. I'm creating reports (invoices, revenue reports, etc.) using Crystal Reports 9, which did NOT come with the Great Plains package - it's our own copy that we purchased separately some time ago.

This is what I need: to be able to allow our A/R person to print out the invoices I've designed. She needs to be able to provide parameter values that I've specified (e.g. a date range, a range of invoice numbers, etc.)

I keep looking for information regarding report viewers, etc. that are packaged with Crystal 9, but can't find anything.

Can someone clarify this for me? Does Crystal Reports 9 not have a standalone report viewer included? If a third-party solution is my only option, does anyone have any recommendations for easy-to-use report viewers that allow users to set parameters?

Thanks in advance -
Anne

There isn't a Viewer included in the sense you're thinking (the Viewers you're reading about are for developing applcations that integrate with Crystal).

Check out some of the Viewers listed here:

I'd recommend the DataLink Viewer from Millet Software - most bang for your buck. It's creator is a frequent contributor to these forums, as well.

-dave

I've created a view app in Delphi which will read you parameter prompts and then prompt the user with a Wizard style dialog with next and previous buttons...

If interested, send me an e-mail and we can chat.

Paul
paul at ipaw.net

Paul Wesson, Programmer/Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back