Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advice / Books for First ASP.Net Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auguy

Programmer
May 1, 2004
US
I have been creating Windows Forms applications using SQL as a database. I am now starting my first web site (ASP.Net) that will probably also use SQL as the database. This application will be fairly simple and small with grids to display names and addresses and some sort of form to display the names and other information for add/edit/delete functions. Also have to include some filtering on the different location of the people, etc., nothing real hard. I'm looking for some advice and/or suggestions for books that might be beneficial for creating and installing my first ASP.Net application. I have an old "SQL Server 2000 Visual Basic.Net" book that is pretty good, but maybe something newer would be better. I have VS 2008 now and thinking of moving up to 2010.

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

May I suggest also posting this in the forum333 forum?

--------------------------------------------------
“Crash programs fail because they are based on the theory that, with nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.” --Wernher von Braun
--------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I will do that.

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back