Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advertisements - Only remembers original Settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanjam

Technical User
Oct 30, 2003
GB
I have WIndows 2000 Service Pack 4 advertised to a collection of PC's (our technologies department)

when I updated the collection, it started installing on PC's with SP4 already installed and even with the user logged on.

Do advetisements only recognise the original settings they are published with or will they be editable throughout their entire published lifetime?

Its advertised as, only to run on Original, SP1,2 or 3, and it the last tab had "disable this program on computers where it is advertise" yet it continues to do exactly what it was specified to do, when first created. Also, its set to SMS does NOT reboot the machine, whats it doing, prompting the user that they need to restart their machine, and if they miss the prompt it reboots then automatically.

Anyone have any ideas? Its potentially dangerous as i CANNOT have this system deployed State wide if its randomly rebooting machines when i advertise 1 package.

Hope you can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back