Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advertisement repeatedly running on client

Status
Not open for further replies.

salemlan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2003
US
I have several client workstations that continually rerun SMS advertisements. For example, I recently deployed IE 6 to my site and these workstations have run the installation successfully each day.

Is there a way that I can delete the advertisement on these clients or reset the advertisement so that is understands it has already been completed?

Thanks for any help on this!

Christine

First, you need to understand why its repeating. This is usually an indication that the package is completing, but is not passing the correct exit code to SMS.

There's a great flow list for software delivery in the "Start to Finish Guide to SMS Software Delivery". It also talks about the exit code issue.

Rod Trent
Microsoft.MVP.SMS
=======================================
Main site: =======================================

On some pc's there are several different applications that advertise and install at random. We cant seem to figure out what triggers it. It only happens to W2K pc's.
We are running SMS2.0 SP4

I know this is not very helpful but ... We experience similar problems when deploying hotfixes. The Hotfix on appx 6% of the machines in the collection experienced recurring re-install. We are SMS 2.0 SP4 with 1 Primary, 8 Secondary sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back