Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advantage Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaRedneck

Programmer
Oct 25, 2004
US
Hello all,
I just started a new job and need to tie into their inventory database. The problem is that is an "Advantage" database. I have not heard of this kind of db. I've always used either SQL Sever or MYSQL. I want to import the tables into a SQL Server Database so that they will be easier for me to manipulate. I would like to do this through dts. I don't see a connection object for an Advantage database though. Any pointers?

-
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." Robert E. Lee

Have someone tell you where to get the drives, and install them on your workstation and the SQL Server that will be running the DTS package.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(My very old site)

Have someone tell you where to get the drivers, and install them on your workstation and the SQL Server that will be running the DTS package.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(My very old site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back