Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced search function help requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimmech

Technical User
Jan 20, 2004
US
Greetings. In my app there is a customer data form and prospect data form. Once a sales person gets a lead they use a search function to see if that lead exists in our db as a customer or prospect. If not they will use several websites to gather information about that lead. Typically the rep will input the same information 4-6 times not including the db search.

Could anyone guide me in a direction where the rep enters the search info on the db search form and if the search fails have the data passed to websites ie.google,ect?

It would be nice to have the results returned to text field in the db stripped of ads and such. However, multiple instances of explorer is ok too.

I don't expect for someone to do it for me but any help/tips will be appreciated.

Here is the code for my search.
Thanks

Option Compare Database

Private Sub cmdSearch_Click()
PerformSearch
End Sub

Private Sub lstResults_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
Dim lRec As Integer
lRec = Nz(lstResults.Value, 0)
If lRec > 0 Then Me.Parent.OpenRec (lRec)
End Sub

Private Sub PerformSearch()
Dim sSQL As String

sSQL = "Select distinct tblCustomer.lCustomerID, tblCustomer.sStatus as Status, tblCustomer.sFirstName as FName, tblCustomer.sLastName as LName, tblCustomer.sSCity as City, tblCustomer.sSZip as Zip, tblCustomer.sCompany as Company from tblCustomer "
sSQL = sSQL + "left outer join tblOrder on tblCustomer.lCustomerID = tblOrder.lCustomerID "
sSQL = sSQL + "where tblCustomer.sStatus in ('D','P','C')"
If Not IsNull(txtFirstName.Value) Then sSQL = sSQL + " and sFirstName like '%" & txtFirstName.Value & "%'"
If Not IsNull(txtLastName.Value) Then sSQL = sSQL + " and sLastName like '%" & txtLastName.Value & "%'"
If Not IsNull(txtCity.Value) Then sSQL = sSQL + " and sSCity like '%" & txtCity.Value & "%'"
If Not IsNull(txtZip.Value) Then sSQL = sSQL + " and sSZip like '" & txtZip.Value & "'"
If Not IsNull(txtCompany.Value) Then sSQL = sSQL + " and sCompany like '%" & txtCompany.Value & "%'"
If Not IsNull(txtPhone.Value) Then sSQL = sSQL + " and (sWorkPhone like '%" & txtPhone.Value & "%' or sMobilePhone like '%" & txtPhone.Value & "%')"
If Not IsNull(txtOrderNumber.Value) Then sSQL = sSQL + " and lOrderID = " & txtOrderNumber.Value & " "
sSQL = sSQL + " order by sLastName;"
lstResults.RowSource = sSQL
'Debug.Print sSQL
lstResults.Requery
End Sub

Private Sub txtCity_AfterUpdate()
PerformSearch
End Sub

Private Sub txtCompany_AfterUpdate()
PerformSearch
End Sub

Private Sub txtFirstName_AfterUpdate()
PerformSearch
End Sub

Private Sub txtLastName_AfterUpdate()
PerformSearch
End Sub

Private Sub txtOrderNumber_AfterUpdate()
PerformSearch
End Sub

Private Sub txtPhone_AfterUpdate()
PerformSearch
End Sub

Private Sub txtZip_AfterUpdate()
PerformSearch
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor