Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced reporting - using Visual Basic? SQL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjones

Technical User
Apr 7, 2001
US
Hi
I'm having trouble doing a number of things that are more than basic reporting. I know a little SQL but haven't learned any Visual Basic. Wondering if it would be better to learn more about SQL or get at least some basic knowlege of VB. Not sure the capability of either. Any feedback on what/how you use them are appreciated. Anyone have any book recommendations? TIA

Hi, My bible for some time has been:

Microsoft Access 2000
Visual Basic for Applications Fundamentals
by Evan Callahan
Microsft Press 1999

I keep it in the desk. It provides a wealth of information that starts with the basics of using Visual basic to enhance Access applications. It's easy to follow and is written in plain english. Hands down, my nomination for your question.

well, if you give some more information concerning your exact problem, we can help you with that... i have the access 2000 bible, and it's good for certain things... but i find it much easier to find a snipit of code online and learn from that...

--Junior JHauge@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back