Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced Hot Desking

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceonData

Technical User
Jun 12, 2007
GB
We have three sites connected together via scn. We are trying to hotdesk across sites.

The scn is up via system status and we can call between sites and we have the advanced networking licenses.

I can hotdesk between sites using a digital phone but not using a IP Phone

Is this possible using a IP Phone ????

voiceondata

Remote Hot Desking
Feature
• The ability for a user to Hot Desk to other locations within the Small Community Network.
• Available on Digital, Analog and IP phones.

Reqs:
IP Office 4.0 supports remote hot desking between IP Office systems within a Small Community Network. The system on which the user configured is termed their 'home' IP Office, all other systems are 'remote' IP Offices. To log on at a remote IP Office requires that IP Office to have a Small Community Advanced Networking license. A license is not necessary on the user's home IP Office.

An ipphone has an extension and you need to make a user with a login code
Did you do that ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

*35*XXX*XXX#

first XXX = extension
second XXX = login code

tlpeter

Thanks but

Yes i made a user for the extension with a login code, as stated they are able to hotdesk locally

piethief

Thanks, but as stated i can hotdesk locally - so using the defaulft short code - it across the scn i have a problem

voiceondata

Are you sure the shortcodes are the same on all systems ?
Do you have advanced networking on all sites ?
Do you have the ipphones set up manualy or by dhcp ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back