Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

advanced disk backup option on 10d

Status
Not open for further replies.

gozar

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2004
US
Has anyone successfully used the advanced disk backup option? I am awaiting a call back from symantec - I just installed the option and have yet to get it to work. Both the media server and the target server are 2003 with shadowcopies enabled. The error is ADBO: Offhost backup initialization failure on: "\\Targetserver\D:".
Snapshot provider error (0xE0008534): Backup Exec could not find a Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) software or hardware provider on the media server. To use offhost backup, a VSS provider must be installed on both the media server and on the remote computer.

Yes I saw that already (O: - Aofo is installed on the target, shadowcopy is running everything is looking like it should work but it just isn't happening. From the way the symantec rep explained it - when the snap shot is taken, once the backup is complete ( in this case a full backup, ) the snap shot and the source data synchronize - meaning the archive bit is reset. This is supposed to be my solution to the post I submitted a few minutes ago about the san strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back