Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced Client push

Status
Not open for further replies.

longlivegoku

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
Ok here's what's going on. I've finally gotten my clients to show up in a new install of SMS2003. I now want to push the client install to every machine. I want to install the Advanced Client on machines and I have the MP setup in our site. All is well. When I push it adds the ccmsetup.exe as a process running on the machines. Nothing happens then...even on a reboot it doesn't seem to be installing. Am I missing something here that is obvious?

Thanks,

Ed

one thing to check is the installation account under site settings-client installation methods-client push installation-accountsa tab.

Do you need a client account if you are running with advanced security?

I am pretty sure you do. The client is the same account that is the administrator on the local machine. It gives SMS the permissions to install things

Here's an update. I figure out that we need IIS installed on the MP for it to work with advanced clients. Well we couldn't do that yet so I went to just using legacy clients for now and it seems to be going ok thus far.

I have made it a habit to check the logs to see if I am getting any warings. I was given an MP warning for IIS before I had it installed and you may be able to solve problems quickly by browsing the site status log for errors

Yeah I figured that out and that's where I found out that I needed IIS. Wish I would have seen it before I posted though...*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back