Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Advanced Client force connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChevyMelly

Technical User
Jun 30, 2008
US
I have 1 sms site with around 4500 computers. We have AD discovery setup and computers are populating our collections. the problem is some of them say they have no client, when they really do. Is there something i can do on the client computers that will force them to say they have a client in the sms console?

Have you tried to update your collection?
Right click on the collection and select all tasks then click on update collection membership. This should force the SMS server to update the collection and anything that is installed but showing as not installed will be updated.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

I have done an update through the collection with no luck.... I feel it is somehow related to the client install, but not sure how to force the client to communicate... yesterday i stoped and started the sms agent host service and that made the clients that are working communicate immediatly to get a scheduled software package instead of waiting for it to talk by itself. but still have these clients that do site discovery just fine but sms still reports no client installed

Make sure the schema is extended, make sure your ad sites are setup right (covering the correct ip ranges), and make sure your boundaries are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back