Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADSL, raining, don't mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XWalrus2

Programmer
May 27, 2002
US
I have AOL with DSL, and I have ADSL. I have no idea what ADSL means. Unfortunately, everytime it rains, the DSL goes out for a few days. How can the rain cause this? I live in Georgia, so should I call AOL to fix this, or is it Bellsouth's problem? Any help appreciated.

ADSL is Asymetric Digital Subscriber Line, ie the download speed is higher than the upload speed.

Whoever you pay money to, is the only one you can threaten to withhold money from, you have no lever on anyone else.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

It is probably a BellSouth problem. They probably have a splice point that is getting water in it when it rains. However if you are paying AOL for DSL then BellSouth probably won't help until AOL request service from them, they are BellSouth's customer. It wouldn't hurt to try though.

Tell AOL you're going to get cable internet access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back