Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADSL internal modem to Freeserve Broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorguruga

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
GB
I have a Billion internal modem and I'm having trouble in getting to connect to Freeserve Broadband. Here is the modem:
Story so far:
1. I have succesfully installed the modem, even though it only shows up as a Network Adaptor in Device Manager, I've managed to create a Dial-Up connection via PPPoE by downloading the software from here:
I installed with the following settings:
ADSL Line Type: G.DMT
PVC_VCI: 38
PVC_VPI: 0
Protocol: RFC1483 Routed MUX-VC

2. The modem monitor in the system tray flashes green and reads OPERATIONAL.

3. When I open the Dial-Up Networking and try to connect via the the Billion ADSL card, it requests a telephone number.

4. I called Freeserve and they told me to try entering either 0 or P0,38 - neither of these worked. That's as far as they could help me, their "tech support" are a bunch of ********. Sorry, had to vent, believe me I could go on.. :)

Ok, that's pretty much it.. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info let me know.. oh, btw the machine isn't here so I can't test out suggestions till Sunday. I'm hoping there'll be a whole lot of them by then! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back