Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADS/SAL Server Alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
I am not even sure if this is possible, as I am having a hard time finding docs on this.
However is Anyone using the ADS/SAL server for an Alarm Receiver? Do you have multiple customers alarming directly to your ADS/SAL server? Pros/Cons?

I am trying to find more info on this to see if I can configure it and if it is of use, but hitting some blocks. Any tips appreciated.

It depends on how your support contract with Avaya is setup. If you are sending the Alarms to Avaya does your contract say they will remote in and investigate on your behalf?

This is really the reason I want to alarm directly from the customer ADS/SAL to our own BP ADS/SAL, to cut out Avaya from constantly creating tickets for minor alarms that should not have a ticket created, most of the time it is CPU utilization is too high, or disk space too low or other factors that clear up soon after the ticket is created, so I find my self telling them to close the ticket and disregard multiple times a day. I would like to avoid that and have the alarms come from the ADS directly to me so I can determine best course of action.

You would need to configure each Avaya Device to send to another SNMP Trap destination besides the SAL such as Netcool or Solarwinds.

So turns out you can send to a BP installed SAL (BPAR) from Customer installed SALs, this is all done via Avayas backend using their SAL concentrator, you need to add the MACs of each Customer sal to your profile, however in order to do this you need to be a co-delivery partner at the very least and have a BPAR installed locally for the BP. Thanks for the info though, I reached out to Avaya ITSS support and got the answers I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back