Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adprep for 2003R2 and dcpromo with existing 2003SP1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmurado

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2003
AU
We have 2003SP1 DC and have added 2003R2 machine which I want to promote to a DC.
However, ran into the problem with the schema not being compatible. The schema version is listed as 30 on the 2003SP1 DC(as it should be) and not 31 which it needs to be for an R2 DC to be added.
Now I know that I need to run adprep from the R2 CD2 but I can't tell from here, which machine I am meant to run it on;

I can see that I'm meant to run it on the FSMO role holder(which obviously is the existing DC). But, if it is 2003SP1 will it be okay to run the adprep(R2) version on it?

The doc doesn't seem to clarify whether it is okay to do this on an SP1 machine.

TIA

You are on the right tack, run adprep on the old DC as you need to bring it up to schema version 31 so the new R2 can be dcpromo'ed.

RoadKi11

"This apparent fear reaction is typical, rather than try to solve technical problems technically, policy solutions are often chosen." - Fred Cohen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back