Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADPL Abend 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aseem02

Programmer
Jan 12, 2003
IN
Hi,

I've encountered ADPL abend in a CICS program.In abend-aid,i saw the following piece of code which has caused the abend:

*EXEC CICS SEND
* MAPSET ('F57BR0S')
* MAP ('F57BR0M')
* ERASE
* CURSOR
*END-EXEC.

Could u plz tell me something about ADPL abend resolution?

Thanks in advance,
A Anand

The info I have obtained says that this is something to do with a Distributed environment. I quote:
" CICS ABEND : ADPL

Explanation: This ABEND indicates a restricted command was entered in a
distributed program link (DPL) environment. The restricted
commands are identified in the CICS/ESA Application
Programming Guide. The transaction is terminated with a
transaction dump.

User Action: Notify the system programmer or application programmer who
should remove the restricted commands from the DPL
environment or run the server program locally.

Here is more information about ADPL, that you might want to give your system programmer.

ADPL

EXPLANATION: A server program has issued a command which
is restricted in the distributed program link (DPL)
environment. Certain API and CPI-RR requests, and the DL/I
terminate request are not allowed in the DPL environment.
See the CICS Application Programming Guide for a list
of these restricted commands.

A server program is a program which has been remotely
linked, or a program defined to run with the DPL subset.

SYSTEM ACTION: CICS abends the transaction with a
transaction dump.

USER RESPONSE: Remove the restricted commands from the
server program, or run the server program locally.

MODULE: DFHEIP, DFHCPIR, DFHDLI

Did you try a CEDF on the abending program? Does'nt seem like a SEND MAP command would get this abend!!!

Thanks
Prak

Thanks to both of you MarcLodge and Prakal.Some digging into the dump revealed that the last exceptional condition is INVREQ.

EIB FN...... 1804 SEND MAP Code of the Last CICS EXEC
EIB RCODE... 01000000 INVREQ Response Code from Last CICS EXEC

I also found some info regd INVREQ which
occurs for the following situations, depending on the options specified on the SEND MAP command:

1. An attempt is made to issue a SEND MAP command from a remotely linked-to program.

2. A remotely linked-to program attempted to execute a SEND MAP command that refers to the principal facility

This means Prakal that SEND MAP can cause an ADPL thru INVREQ.
So,i guess i need to put a HANDLE CONDITION for this.

aseem02,

Your explanation in 1 and 2 is basically telling you the answer. I'm not sure handling the INVREQ is the answer as presumably you wish to output the MAP else you wouldn't have got to this SEND MAP code. Your INVREQ processing will stop you abending but won't allow the MAP to be output.

What has happened here is you have had your transaction issued/received in 1 CICS region and you are attempting to output the MAP from another CICS region, which you have connected to remotely.

Somewhere between your transaction being initiated you have issued a CICS LINK(or similar) to a program in another CICS region. From within this region you are attempting to do the SEND MAP. The SEND MAP goes to the principal facility. As you are in a remote CICS region the principal facility is no longer your terminal, its your LU6.2 connection(or whatever conection you used to get to the remote CICS region). Hence you are trying to SEND the MAP to the connection as that is now you principal facility, so you quite correctly receive an INVREQ. You can't SEND MAP to connections.

Whichever program is sending the MAP needs to be running locally in the Region you initiated your transaction from.

Cheers
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back