Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADP corruption question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pzmgmb

Programmer
Apr 2, 2003
US
I am running an adp using Access runtime and the screen below comes up about 20-40% of the time.

accesserror.jpg

Any suggestions on why this could be happening? This is a fairly vague error. Not sure where to start to debug it.

Thanks

Sorry... Here is some version information about the run-time i'm using.

Microsoft Access 2002 Runtime
Path: "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\access runtime\office10\msaccess.exe"
Product Name: Office XP
File Version: 10.0.2627.1

Is your .adp used by a single user or multiple users?

Its kind of complicated. Each user logs into a terminal server and opens their own copy of the SAME ADP. However the ADP is attached to the SAME SQL Server database.

I hope this answers your question.

I had this problem if 2 users were logged to the same .adp file.
Now I have it like you - some copies of .adp file connected to one SQL server database and it works with no problem.

Have you run a Windows Office Update on the Terminal Server to make sure that you have the latest version of the runtime and the latest MDAC? Old versions have caused problems for me in the past.

Otherwise, find out what sequence of events is causing the crash. It will probably be one form or event process that you need to look at closely.

Have you always had the problem or has it occured after a recent software release or upgrade?

Thanks cjowsey... that was my next move. The problem has pretty much always been there.

If you don't have the problem in your development environment, there is probably something different in the runtime. Have you thought about installing a copy of Access 2002 on the Terminal Server and seeing if the problem goes away?

Path: "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\access runtime\office10\msaccess.exe"
This suggests to me that the users are probably all sharing the same Access runtime. I haven't tried that, but it could be an issue.

Have you put any error logging code in the application to find out where it is falling over?

Does the number of online users impact it?

try to provide each user a copy of the adp file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back