Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADP being phased out

Status
Not open for further replies.

giovi2002

Programmer
Aug 22, 2005
NL
I heard the rumour that ADP's are being phased out by Microsoft.
Access 12 supports it runtime but doesn't support development of ADP's so this type of solution will gradually totally disappear.

Can someone acknowledge this en give some background information about the 'why' and the best conversion strategy?

According to this press release from Microsoft, Access 2007 (formerly Access12) will still support Access Data Project development:
Microsoft has a nasty habit of changing their minds and outright prevarication, but I think we will be OK here....

I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
-Poe

Within this blog they talk about support but not about development (they propose to use linked tables).
So..I guess at least you will find no new adp features.

So true - I bookmarked the wrong article! I just got done trying to find the link I thought I was sending you, but to no avail. It was on one of the official MSDN pages - if I ever find it I will be sure & forward it. Sorry for the confusion! If any help, the article did say that development support would be continued in 2007, but I would rather have the white paper in front of me before I continue new product development.....

I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
-Poe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back