Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADOR is not available when trying to dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheers

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2001
US
I have tried to duplicate the simple demo example using my own date. When I try to write the following code:
"dim m_RS as New -----.Recordset", ADODB is the only item available not ADOR. If I load the "simple demo" and type the same, I have ADOR available. How do I get ADOR available when using the Dsr?

You do not have the right reference checked in VB. I believe the reference is Active Data Objects Recordset. You can easily check by looking at what references are checked in the simple demo app.

I have duplicated the references in the "simple demo". Is there a possibility I am missing a dll or something? If so, how would I know which one?

You cannot be missing a DLL if the simple demo works on the same machine.

You are absolutly correct. I was using the incorrect reference. Now when I try to run the report I get the following error: "The connection cannot be used to perform this operation. It is either closed or invalid in this context."

Thanks

Well, you have to connect to the database and then execute a query to populate the recordset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back