Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADODC will not work on other machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomayed

Technical User
May 13, 2002
AE
I used adodc in my application. It works fine when I'm running the application on my computer.

When I use the package wizard , and I copy the files to a new computer and open the instlation file it stops and displays a message saying one of the files is outdated or so and then it asks me to restart.

But , when I try to run my .exe file on the new machine it works fine. But when I try to retrive records through ADODC , I get empty fields! ( No Records).

I'm using ADODC to connect to Oracle DB and it works fine on my laptop but not on other computers!.

Can someone help me out here plz

How is the ADODC connecting to the oracle DB, is it by connnection string or do you have a DSN on the machine.
If so create a dsn on each of the machines required.
I would prefer a connection string to connect as it removes the requirement of installing DSNs.

"Own only what you can carry with you; know language, know countries, know people. Let your memory be your travel bag.

hmckillop , Thanks for your reply

I'm using a connection string to connect to Oracle

The strange thing , if I go and install Visual Basic on that machine , it works fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back