Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADODB assembly not found 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2001
US
I wrote into certain purchase order VB.NET applications, EMAIL notifications. I added cdo for windows 2000 COM object in my project and everything works fine in development.

Once I moved these applications to production (2000 Server), I started getting the following error:

File or assembly name ADODB, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

I know that when you add the CDO for Windows 2000 (cdosys.dll)as a reference, it automatically creates a reference for ADODB so I know what the error is telling me.

I looked under WINNT/Assembly on my development server and ADODB was there. I looked on the production server under the WINNT/Assembly directory and ADODB wasn't there. Which explains the error.

My problem now is how do I get the ADODB assembly on my production server. I know I didn't do anything special to get it on my development server so I don't know where to go from here.

I would appreicate any help I can get on this.

Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back