Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Software wont run on Panther!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahamat

MIS
Dec 18, 2003
GB
Hi, I upgraded from 10.2.8 to 10.3.2 and all my adobe software just crashes on startup! can anyone enlighten me? is this common? It seems to crash whilst reading fonts.

What font management software do you use? Did you do a clean install or an upgrade? Have you reinstalled Adobe software?

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

I did an upgrade and I dont use any font management software. Have Re-installed all adobe software loads of times, If I had known this was going to happen I would not have touched Panther at all.

Try searching for all instances of the file 'adobefnt.lst' and deleting. This is a autogenerating font list that can sometimes be corrupted and cause Adobe programs to go buggy.

Is this Classic or OSX-native Adobe software?

Your situation is not common at all.

- - picklefish - -
Why is everyone in this forum responding to me as picklefish?

Thanks for your help jimoblak but decided to just backup all work and do a clean install of Panther, adobe software works fine now!! I also had a lot of problems running classic in Panther on re-install and also trying to get office 2001 running was an absolute nightmare! Surely Apple and/or Adobe have to address the upgrade process problems??
All Sorted now though it took me all night!!

Only problem now is airport keeps dropping the connection and then immediately reconnects, very strange, ohhh the joys of Panther!!!

mahamat,
I had a similar problem with installing Adobe Photoshop 7 on to Panther; it would crash on start up and offer to send a bug report to Apple.

The bizarre solution, which apparently works for all Adobe applications, is to adjust the time zone to a different one prior to application install and then revert it afterwards. Can't think why this works, but it did for me and others.

Appreciate you've solved the problem, but I'm posting this for those might find this thread later and it'd be quicker (and easier) to try than a full OS reinstall.
lex

"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back