Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adobe reader not working with adobe professional installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalair

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
hi

i'm trying to view pdf's through adobe reader 7.0. I have adobe reader installed and this worked fine. I have now installed Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0 and now all pdf's open in Professional.

Even if i right click on a pdf and select "open with adobe reader 7.0", the file will still open in Acrobat Professional.

Is there any way I can use the reader instead of professional?

The reason I want to use Reader is becasuse Professional takes a while to load and i want to see how forms i've created will come up in Adobe Reader.

I'm also trying to view this file from tgreer's website in Adobe Reader:

thx guys.

Can only help if you're on OSX. You probably have Acrobat set as the default to open .pdf files. Sometimes when you have this, it's hard to open them in other apps by just clicking.

You can either launch Reader and use the Open command or stick a Reader alias on the desktop or dock and drag the pdf over that.

i've solved my "dilemma" :)

i figured i'd go with the same version for the reader as Adobe Professional, so i uninstalled reader 7.0 and installed 6.0. I set this as the default, and all is well.

Since on my PC, the reader does take several seconds to load, i changed the default to Internet Explorer. So my pdfs open in a browser now and doesn't take as much time to load. I guess it uses the plug-in.

but problem solved. thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back