Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Reader for Palm OS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

warpdrve

IS-IT--Management
May 28, 2002
US
I have Adobe Reader v3.05 installed on an old Palm m125 PDA ... it's running the default software / ROM applications. I'm trying to figure out how to get it read several PDF files I have copied to an SD card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Michael

----------------------------------------------------------------
Always proofread carefully to see if you any words out.]
----------------------------------------------------------------

Warp, you canNOT directly load PDF files into a Palm. You must first load the program "Adobe Reader for Palm OS". This program will create an icon on your desktop (with I believe the same name as the program). You then need to drag-'n-drop any PDF files to this icon (or open the file and use the traditional CTRL-C, CTRL-V to the opened file). The program will now do whatever magic it does to convert the PDF file into a file the is readable in a Palm (with the Adobe Reader for Palm). The next time you sync the newly converted file with be transferred to your Palm.

You should have no problems finding a legally free copy of "Adobe Reader for Palm OS". Put its name in any search engine and you'll come up with many free copies. Also copies tend to be on the later Palm installation CDs and Adobe Acrobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back