Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adobe premiere transitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentliff

Technical User
May 28, 2003
GB
Help!
In Premiere I'm trying to do put in basic Cross-dissolve
transitions, but each time it comes up with a window saying 'Insufficient head and tail material'- it then recycles the first and last frames of each clip, making for really stilted transitions on rendering (a black cross comes up on preview)In AB editing, I'm supposed to be able to overlap the clips, but the same problem occurs there as well. There is enough material in the clips, incidentally.
HELP!!

Does faq230-3344 help?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

I'm a relatively new user and not an expert so don't treat this as gospel. I had the same problem when I place a full clip from my original capture into the timeline. What you have to do is drop the clip into your monitor first an then mark your in and out points to clip a little more off the beginning and the end. The lesson is to make sure you have enough material to clip off when tou capture. Hope this helps.

In theory, you overshoot a little on your video.

You can crossfade from one clip to another for any amount of time (the smallest I've done was 5 frames) using the opacity rubberbands (FAQ230-3344).

You can probably do so using the transitions, too, but I don't fuss with them overmuch.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back