Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adobe premiere titles 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitram22

Technical User
Feb 2, 2007
CA
I am looking to create a title that would have, (for example)I'll try to explain the best I can.

The letters of the title red and as the titles goes on the letters would bleed out to white. As if they would begin as full of a liquid and it would drain out of the letters.

I'm wondering if I can do this simply with premiere or if I would need some other special programs.

thank you!

Whether Premiere can do what you want depends on the small print of your intentions.

You could make a title in white, duplicate it, change text colour to red and place the red title on top of the white, then use a wipe transition to expose the underlying white over time.

If you want to show the colour dripping out, you could create a mask layer to define the shape of the drips and animate a flecked red layer behind (by flecked I mean some texture to give a visual impressions of movement as you endlessly rotate the red layer using the offset filter after making sure the texture is seamless in vertical roll.) You might need to make the mask and the background layer in PhotoShop to get the detail correct.

I'm sure there are other ways, and this might not meet your full specification, but this is my starter for ten.

THANKS!

Unfortunately I am not quite familliar with all the terms and how to create mask layers but now at least I have an idea how it's done. Now I can research further.

Are you very familliar with adobe premiere.

Yes - been using and teaching Premiere for over ten years now. Currently on CS4.

A Mask in this context is a clip containing a shape (of any required complexity) that defines a transparent or semi-transparent area. Typically black or white are transparent and in-between greys are semi-transparent - it's easy to reverse the sense. An alternative name is Matte. There are two effects related to this in Premiere: Image Matte for fixed masks and Track Matte if you wish to animate the mask.

There are lots of tutorials on Premiere available on the web. Worth a look if you're not sure of the techniques or terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back