Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Premiere error message "An error occurred while loading your pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

numetro

Technical User
Dec 11, 2011
US
I'm trying to solve what is apparently a corrupt Adobe Premiere 6 project file problem, and on this forum SamuelV posted a question about the same error and problem and he later posted that the Premiere 6.5 update fixed his problem (see thread230-1035420), but that thread is closed and I'm not able to download the old Premiere 6.5 update any longer.

For the first time, I'm getting a message that says, "An error occurred while loading your project. 10". I'm getting this message when I try to open a project that I created Thursday.

I'm using my old Adobe Premiere 6 on a Windows 7 machine. I have over 25 gigs of open space on the drive with all the project and support files. And this machine with 2 gigs of RAM never has a problem opening other similar Premiere project files with even more still images plugged in. I know these computer resources sound low compared to the current computers with 5 terabyte hard drives and 15 gigs of RAM, but I've been successfully creating, editing and rendering many Premiere 6 projects in the last year on this computer with my good old copy of Premiere 6.

All of my Premiere project files have always opened with no problem. A similar file that this problem project file was created from with all the same base elements still opens with no problem.

This file almost finishes the "Loading Project - checking files..." process, but then I get the error message.

I had also saved a duplicate backup file for the project in question and it will not open either... it is only this one project that I created yesterday that will not open. This project file is about 5.7 megabytes in size. I've also tried opening all of the 10 archived files that were autosaved for this project, but none of those open either.

This file has many still images plugged in to it, but all the same images are plugged in to another base file that still opens correctly.

I've also tried closing all other apps to save memory but I still get the error. I've also tried opening this problem file from within the application and I still get the same error message.

Importing this problem project into a new project file didn't work either.

I read some troubleshooting information on the Adobe website about files that give error messages that will not open and it recommended adjusting the size of the virtual memory paging file in the system settings to twice the amount of RAM that is installed instead of being on the automatic setting, so I followed the instruction verbatim and restarted my machine and I still get the error message when trying to open this problem file.

I've also read other troubleshooting info on the Adobe site that recommends to "delete the application preferences file" and "recreate the plugin cache file", but neither of those things changed anything with regards to opening this file.

I could re-create this project file, but it has many tricky cutting and motion setting edits that will be difficult to reproduce and it took me a long time to create this project file. There are a number of one-in-a-million type of edits that would be very difficult to re-create.

Also, Thursday before initially closing this file, I was able to successfully render a test version to an AVI file and that video file plays fine, but neither the original project file nor the duplicate will open... I'm always getting the "An error occurred while loading your project. 10" after the file almost finishes the "Loading Project - checking files..." process... it almost finishes opening but then I get the error message.

I also tried going through the code in this file in Notebook looking for any commas in the 'rate=' lines, but I'm not able to find and commas there.

If anyone knows of a fix for this problem or knows where to download the old Adobe Premiere 6.5 update, please let me know.

Thanks so much,

numetro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back