Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Premier keeps crashing while working on project

Status
Not open for further replies.

schralptowner

Technical User
Jun 4, 2008
US
I have been working on a project for over 3 months and this is the final week for it to be done and I am having issues with adobe premier from the CS3 suite. When I open the project sometimes it will go through the whole process of trying to get the project open and when it finally gets done processing it says it automatically needs to shut down and will try to save the info in the project. I can sometimes get the project open and can work for a good hour or so then it shuts down saying the same thing as above. I tried to reinstall the program and also deleting any old info to clear up more space on my external. I just can't put my finger on the problem and have some serious deadlines this week to get his film done and out the door for replication. If anyone has any solution, please let me, I am very desperate!!!

Ellis Smith

Likely causes depend on whether the problem applies to all projects or just this one. Depending on that, some of the ideas below become more or less relevant.

Five guesses:

1. Corrupt preferences file. This file is not replaced during re-install, so the problem would survive that process if that is where the problem lies. To make a factory-fresh preferences file, restart PPro after deleting or renaming "...\Adobe\Premiere Pro\3.0\Adobe Premiere Pro Prefs" and then reinstating anything you changed from defaults.

2. Corrupt project file. Try importing the project into a clean one with the same settings.

3. Corrupt preview file. Try deleting all previews and re-rendering.

4. Corrupt clip. Harder to identify without selective recapture or removal from project.

5. Faulty computer. Either heat (blocked/faulty fan or airway) or a bad memory chip might cause such problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back