Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adobe photoshop and windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmlane

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2001
US
I am running Adobe PhotoShop 5.0 on a Windows 2000 Professional machine. The install was typical and straight forward. But whenever a user other than the Administrator logs on, they are unable to print. Everytime they hit the print command, they recieve "Disk full error". I have looked at Temp permissions as well as the permissions on all related program files. They all check out. Is there anything that I am missing?

Try making a temp folder under C and diverting all temp files under the environmental variables to the temp folder you created.

Make sure when you change temp variables that you do it logged in as the individual having problems. Each person's environmental variables are "user specific."

I tried this and it didn't work. Although I just get an error saying "disk error" not disk full.

And you are sure you created a temp folder under the c drive and are directing the temp variables to that folder. I have made the mistake of forgetting to create the folder before I change the variables.

Yup, I created the folder and pointed all the temp variable to it.

Are you sure that you are not actually out of Hard Drive Space. All photoshop applications require that you have (5) times the file size available on your hard disk. I.E. If your image is 100 mb. you will need 500 + mb to print it. Hope this helps

The error that I am getting is actually "Disk Error" not disk full, sorry about that. In the preferences for photoshop, all scratch disks are pointing to an extra harddrive that all users have full access to. I appreciate all replys up to this point, but none have helped so far. I need a fix that can be done as an administrator and fix for all users. There are over 700 users who may have access to this workstation at one point or another.

I absolutely have enough hard drive space (with gigs to spare!) I also appriciate all the help but as of yet nothing has worked.

Try this, if it doesn;t work, reply, I have 2 more sloutions as well for this problem.

Install ICC profiles using the Custom Install option on the Adobe Photoshop 5.0
Application CD-ROM:
1. Exit from Photoshop.
2. Double-click Setup.exe in the Photoshop directory on the Application CD.
3. Click Next in the Welcome dialog box. Click Next in the Select Country dialog box. Click Accept in the Software License Agreement dialog box.
4. Select Custom and then click Next in the Set Up dialog box.
5. Deselect everything except ICC Profiles and then click Next in the Select
Components dialog box.
6. Click Next in the Start Copying Files dialog box. Allow the installation to
complete.
7. Deselect Display Photoshop ReadMe file and click Finish in the Setup
Complete dialog box. Click OK in the Adobe Photoshop 5.0 Setup dialog box.
Hope this one works

Heres one more to try:
I used the following steps which solved the problem. 1.Assuming Photoshop was installed under the administrator ID proceeded with step 2, otherwise uninstall Photoshop and reinstall using the administrator ID
2. Logon as administrator
3. Choose Start>Run.
4. Type regedt32 in the Open text box, then click OK.
5. Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
6. Double-click Software.
7. Select Kodak.
8. Choose Security>Permissions from the menu bar.
9. Select Power User from the Name Menu
10. Read is already checked, Full control is not checked. 11. Check Full Control
12. Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object is previously checked"
13. Click OK
14. Exit from Regedt32

Thank you, that worked like a charm. I should have known it had something to do with regedit. I had to modify regedit just so users could access photoshop as well as other programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back