Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe Photoshop Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

glacial906

Technical User
Jan 3, 2007
US
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone would happen to know what would make actions work in one version of Photoshop and not another.

More specifically, I have an action that works in Photoshop 7 but not in CS2. I have tried both copying the action from PS7's Actions folder into CS2's Actions folder, as well as manually making a new action in CS2 that is exactly like the one in 7. However, the action will only run in 7 no matter what I do. Is there something different in the way PS CS2 proccesses these commands, or is it that CS2 uses a different type of .atn file? It's driving me crazy.

I realize that it would be very difficult for someone to diagnose the problem without knowing the details of what the action does. Any help would be appreciated.

Theoretically, if you recorded the action (as opposed to importing the old one) it should work. You might want to go back and see if you missed a step or anything.

Personally, I find that I alsmost always have to redo an action if it's the least bit complicated. I always seem to miss one of two little things.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back