Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adobe PDF Settings for a Distiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

soules

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2007
AU
I would very much like to be able to programmatically change the Adobe PDF Settings for a Distiller like printer (Distiller-like in the sense that I have created my own printer on a PDF port using the AdobePS Acrobat Distiller driver). I figured this could easily be accomplished by changing registry entries. Unfortunately even after changing the regisry entries for the options (ViewPrintOutput, AskToReplacePDF , etc), the Adobe PDF Settings dont reflect the change. i must be missing a hidden entry somewhere. Listed are the reg entries I found:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\MY PDF Printer\PrinterDriverData
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\MY PDF Printer\PrinterDriverData
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Print\Printers\MY PDF Printer\PrinterDriverData

I know these are the entries because when I manually change the settings from the printer, I can see them reflected in the listed keys. Has anyone tried to change these values? Am I going about this all wrong? I realize there are API call for PDF and the documentation exists for them, but I don't have the brain power to figure it out.

Or if there is some kind of VB example to change these Adobe PDF Settings I would be forever in your debt!!!!!
Thanks

Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back