Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adobe illustrator10 and a graphics tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

biddo

Technical User
Aug 7, 2003
AU
when ever i use the pen tool with a graphic tablet tracing i get an annoyin selection after it it slows down my work flow and i have to click away from it then back again to keep tracing cant i trace the thing continuosely is there a way to turn of the highlighted selection.

Double click the tool in the toolbar for its preferences:

Pencil:
Fidelity > controls the distance in px the curve can stray from the actual line drawn with the pen on tablet. Lower fidelity - tighter following but more angular sections, Higher fidelity - the smoother.
Smoothness > Percentage of smoothing applied after you finish the path (OnMouseUp)
Keep Selected > On/Off (Just what you're looking for)
Edit Selected Paths > Determines the 'snap' distance that will RE-edit a selected path, or if OFF, will not edit it.

The brush is very much the same. I suggest you double-click around the tool bar palette... you may be very surprised at all you find there !

One of my favorites: The Magic Wand Options palette that is otherwise hidden !

Sef.
Let me know if this answered your question.

It is alright to decorate construction, but never construct decoration. - Pugin, on Arch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back